CLOSENUF TO A SINGLE…CLOSENUF TO COUNTRY!
DATELINE: June 10th, 2015 – BROOKLYN, NY - WRECKORDS RECORDS IS PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE RELEASE OF ANTHONY J. FOTI & CLOSENUF'S LATEST SINGLE,
“IN THE EYES OF THE ROSE (The Americana Mix).”
"Wreckords Records proudly presents Anthony J. Foti & CLOSENUF’s latest cyber single, “In The Eyes Of The Rose (The Americana Mix).” This mainstay & most requested ballad of the band’s repertoire has been given a fresh take for 2015 in honor of the true roots of American Music “Country.” Foti, always being a huge fan of the genre from Charlie Daniels to Kenny Rogers to Eddie Rabbitt (also a Brooklyn-born singer/songwriter), brought in guest players for the remix including the international award winning Irish Folk fiddle player Cady Finlayson, as well as Philip Sterk, noted Nashville/Memphis session player on pedal steel guitar. The new mix is co-produced by Steve “Woody” La Cerra (Blue Oyster Cult) & Janice Foti (Anthony’s wife), who first envisioned the song as such, & spearheaded the arrangement, coming from a musical family from American Songbook players to Rock musicians). The song, comparing a man’s view on love to the rose’s view on life, was inspired & based on the writings of 17th century French philosopher Bernard Le Bovier de Fontenelle (a classical composer in his own right besides innovator, author & teacher) from Conversations On The Plurality Of Worlds (1686). The single is part of the act’s latest offering – an 8-track EP release aptly titled “In The Eyes Of The Rose – The EP.” Accompanying the new 2015 single is 7 other versions: The 2015 Americana Instrumental Mix, The 2005 La Cerra Mix (a more modern take on the track as a rock ballad), The 2005 La Cerra Instrumental Mix (never before released), The 1994 Original Mix (in full power ballad style - co-produced by Anthony’s father, Frederick D. Foti (1924-2013) with Steve Jerome (The Left Banke) & John Abbott (Dionne Warwick) & features music provided by The “Blackwood & Foti” Band (Anthony’s act at the time) – this “raw” version received National Airplay on Top-40 radio stations around the U.S. when originally released as a single) & The 1996 Jerome Mix (a remix of the original version by Steve Jerome for Anthony’s solo album to give the track a warmer lush sound as tastes changed & spotlights added guitarist Jeff Munzert (Jim Messina) - plus 2 more tracks (also never before released) …wait for it… Karaoke Mixes of both the 2005 & 2015 versions! A must for all CLOSENUF fans! A true study in song. These "cyber-exclusive" releases are downloadable at cdBaby, iTunes, Amazon, & more. These items are also being solicited by The Jacobson Firm for options of movie or TV usage, as well as offering the songs to be picked up by established artists if they so choose to add the song to their roster. With many artists delving into the foray of the latest single’s genre from Bob Dylan to Dan Fogelberg to Neil Diamond to Darius Rucker & now Steven Tyler, we are so proud to be "CLOSENUF to Country!"
CLOSENUF to Trivia!
DATELINE: August 23rd, 2014 - BROOKLYN, NY - CLOSENUF appeared at Kelly's Tavern in Brooklyn, NY Celebrating their 225th Gig! With that please enjoy...
THE TOP 10 THINGS YOU MIGHT NOT HAVE KNOWN ABOUT CLOSENUF!
1. The founding members of CLOSENUF still held their first planned business meeting on 9/12/01 despite the tragic events the day before feeling that getting together for discussions at that time would bring them closer.
2. CLOSENUF had such former names as The AV Squad & Post No Bills.
3. As of 2013, there have been 12 official members of CLOSENUF with lead vocalist Anthony J. Foti being its longest standing member and the only member of CLOSENUF to be present for every gig the band has ever booked.
4. Members of the band born outside of the U.S. have hailed from Peru, Costa Rica, Uruguay and Hungary.
5. CLOSENUF’s official mascot is Mustafa the Monkey with plush versions available at live performances.
6. CLOSENUF’s Brooklyn based record label Wreckords Records is a Drug-Free record label boasting “Say No To Drugs Always!” imprinted on every release.
7. CLOSENUF’s tune “Music Man,” through an original release and subsequent compilation release, not only received a Billboard World Songwriting Contest Award, but was placed on the GRAMMY Ballot twice - once for Best Instrumental Arrangement & once for Best Pop Performance - no wonder the song’s writer, Anthony J. Foti’s license place reads “MU51CMAN.”
8. CLOSENUF has had both producers & fellow musicians appear on their albums that have worked with Simon & Garfunkel, Dionne Warwick, Asia, Joe Satriani, Blue Oyster Cult, Marvin Hamlisch, Jim Messina, Foreigner, Van Morrison, Gary U.S. Bonds, The Metropolitan Opera Company and more!
9. CLOSENUF’s current LP supports over 25 industry awards or nominations from 11 GRAMMY Ballot Placements to multiple Independent Music Awards!
10. Founding member Anthony J. Foti’s father, Frederick D. Foti (1924-2013), shared production credits on his first work to receive national airplay, “In The Eyes Of The Rose,” (based on the writings of 17th century French philosopher, Bernard le Bovier de Fontenelle), which later also found its way to a GRAMMY Ballot appearance for Best Pop Performance.
CLOSENUF to an ALBUM!
CLOSENUF, NY's Premier Singer/Songwriter Rock Band,
- ELEVEN Time Official GRAMMY Ballot Contenders
THEY WRITE IT, THEY PLAY IT, THEY ROCK IT!
MUSICAL PERFECTION? CLOSENUF!
DATELINE: June 30th, 2009 - BROOKLYN, NY - Wreckords Records, Inc., Brooklyn's own record label, is proud to announce the release of CLOSENUF's latest album, "CLOSENUF...to a new beginning."
CLOSENUF, NY's Premier
Singer/Songwriter Rock Band,
Releases Their Latest Album
on the Wreckords Records Label!Click The Cover To Purchase
Please enjoy CLOSENUF's 2013 Live Concert Official Introduction Soundbite!
(CLICK TO LISTEN)
Wreckords Records Statement: CLOSENUF is not, and has never been associated with the following acts: Close Enough - Los Angeles, CA (Cover Band) / Close Enough - Coventry, England (Cover Band) / Close Enough - Temecula, CA (Originals Act) / CloseEnough - Eskridge, KS (Originals Act) / Close Enough Band - Miami, FL (Originals Act) / Close Enough Band - Chicago, IL - (Originals Act) / Close Enuf Band - Brookfield, WI (Cover Band) / Closenuff - Gulfport, MS (Cover Band) / ClosEnuffs - Kansas City, MO - (Cover Band) / Klose'Nuff - Webster Groves, MO - (Cover Band) / Close Enuff - Roanoke, VA (Cover Band) as well as Wreckords - Detroit, MI - (Originals Act). The Label has contacted all these acts previously requesting official name changes for disambiguation purposes, as well as copyright or trademark infringement to prevent any anticipated business loss (both reputation or capital) due to this potential confusion. Failure to do so (without attempt of mutual agreement) can result in the pursuit of legal action if claims need to be made against the offending parties. This applies to any similar band we have yet to encounter. Notification date: December 14th, 2012.
(Critics and fans compare them to, note influence by, & feel if you like any of the variety of these new and established artists, you would enjoy the works of CLOSENUF: R.E.M., Counting Crows, Matchbox 20, Coldplay, The Cure, Goo Goo Dolls, Bare Naked Ladies, Spin Doctors, Gin Blossoms, Oasis, Grand Funk Railroad, Blue Oyster Cult, The Cars, Squeeze, The Ramones, Velvet Underground, Steely Dan, Dire Straits, The Scorpions, Journey, Ambrosia, Foreigner, The Eagles, The Traveling Wilburys, America, Three Dog Night, Blood, Sweat & Tears, The Animals, Styx, Chicago, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, Hall & Oates, The J. Geils Band, The Little River Band, Billy Joel, Elton John, Dan Fogelberg, Tom Petty, Meatloaf, Elvis Costello, Neil Diamond, Cat Stevens, Elvis Presley, Leon Russell, Warren Zevon, Eddie Cochran, Paul Simon, Rick Derringer, Edgar Winter, Roy Orbison, Bruce Springsteen, Eric Clapton, John Fogerty, Kenny Loggins, Huey Lewis, Van Morrison, Jackson Browne & Bruce Hornsby.)
© 2001 Wreckords Records
All rights reserved.